The upcoming 2017 CoolCalifornia Small Business Awards Program recognizes California small businesses that have made notable, voluntary achievements in reducing their climate impacts by implementing sustainable initiatives as part of their business operations.
Although there are two award categories, there is only one application form that needs to be completed by the business. The judges/review team will decide the award category based on the information submitted by the small business in the application (e.g., applications that describe and document the demonstrated GHG emission reductions and include cost savings, return on investment, and/or benefits of actions taken will be considered for the Business of the Year award).
Applications will be accepted between September – December 4, 2017.
- Applicants are encouraged to use the CoolCalifornia Carbon Footprint Calculator to quantify their emission reductions, identify their pledges for further reductions, and document the results of their actions in their application. Additional credit (i.e., more points) will be given to those applicants that use the calculator to show initial emission data, actions taken, and emission reduction calculations.
- Applicants are encouraged to include other types of supporting documentation along with their application, such as examples, samples, and/or copies of printed reports; utility bills (i.e. documentation of energy and/or water savings); photos; pamphlets; advertisements; videos; green business program year-end reports; awards; certificates; articles; newsletters; etc.
- Any supporting documents that cannot be submitted electronically with the application should be mailed to:
California Air Resources Board
Re: CoolCalifornia Small Business Awards
P.O. Box 2815
Sacramento, CA 95812
- Both the application and supporting documentation submitted by mail should clearly reference each other. These documents must be postmarked no later than December 4, 2017.
- Supporting documentation will not be returned to the applicant.