Finding a Contractor
The following agencies can help you locate a roofing contractor in your local area.
- Roofing Contractors Association of California
- Metal Roofing Alliance
- National Roofing Contractors Association
- Roof Consultants Institute
- Tile Roofing Institute
- Western States Roofing Contractors Association
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) Residential Cool Roof Contractors List
Tips for Finding the Right Contractor for Your New Cool Roof
We do not endorse any specific contractor or roofing association. However, you should take the following steps to find the right contractor for your cool roof installation.
- Make sure the contractor is licensed.
- You can check a contractor license at the State of California's Department of Consumer Affairs’ Contractors State License Board website or call 1-800-321-2752.
- Shop around before hiring a contractor.
- Ask for personal recommendations.
- Verify the contractor's business location and telephone number.
- Verify the contractor's workers' compensation and commercial general liability insurance coverage.