Small Business Awards Program
The CoolCalifornia Small Business Awards Program recognizes leadership and innovation among small businesses that take action to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, promote climate friendly practices, and integrate sustainability throughout their operations. Since 2009, the program has recognized California businesses and organizations for exemplary environmental leadership, many of which have used the tools on CoolCalifornia.org to determine their carbon footprint, reduce their emissions, and save money.
Businesses of the Year:
- Capitola Veterinary Hospital, Capitola
- Ohana Pet Hospital, Ventura
- Precision Labs Calibration, Palmdale
- SRT Consultants, San Francisco
- Allterra Solar, Santa Cruz
- Aperia Technologies Inc., Burlingame
- Capitol Bowl, West Sacramento
- Daisy Rose Floral Design, Sonoma
- Geo. H. Wilson Inc., Santa Cruz
- Lake Merritt Dental, Oakland
- Laura Lawson, DDS, Albany
- Manhattan Bread & Bagel, Manhattan Beach
- Metro Lighting, Berkeley
- Plaza Cleaners, Thousand Oaks
- Studio City Orthodontist, Studio City
- Way To Be Designs, Hayward
Awards were presented to the winning businesses at a ceremony on Feb. 12, 2015, at the Cal-EPA Building, 1001 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. The video below is from last year's ceremony, stay tuned for this year's video coming soon!
For reference purposes only, use the buttons below to learn more about the Awards Program.
- Small Business Carbon Footprint Calculator
- How To Use the Business Carbon Calculator (PDF document)
- Video Tutorial: How To Use the Business Carbon Calculator
Sign up for our mailing list in the left sidebar to be notified of upcoming events and announcements.