Our Funding Wizard can help you find grants, loans, and rebates and more, to help pay for your sustainable projects!
Save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by reducing refrigerant use. Refrigerant best management practices can reduce refrigerant and energy costs, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Use Refrigerant Best Management Practices
- Check for refrigerant leaks regularly
- Use automatic leak detection equipment
- Conduct monthly manual leak inspections
- Repair refrigerant leaks promptly
- Do not “top off” refrigerant
- Use U.S. EPA certified technicians to conduct repairs
- Keep records of all refrigerant leaks, repairs, storage and disposal.
- Ensure refrigeration systems are operating pursuant to manufacturer's specification.
Plan and Organize To Reduce Refrigerant Use
- Designate one employee as a Refrigerant Manager
- Develop a Refrigerant Management Plan and Mission Statement
- Conduct an inventory of all systems that use refrigerant and their refrigerant charge
Longer Term Investments to Reduce Refrigerant Use
- Join the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s GreenChill Advanced Refrigeration Partnership.
- Invest in advanced refrigeration technology for new store construction and retrofit projects.
- Invest in refrigeration energy efficiency technology such as high-efficiency condenser and evaporator fan motors, high-efficiency compressor systems, heat recovery, doors on display cases, and efficient lighting
GreenChill Advanced Refrigeration Partnership
The GreenChill is a US EPA Partnership with food retailers to reduce refrigerant emissions and decrease their impact on the ozone layer and climate change.
Refrigerant Best Management Practices Brochure from the CA Air Resources Board Climate Change Program